In order to maintain an environment that promotes collaboration, sharing of ideas, interaction and respect, the university reserves the right to screen or remove any content that:
- Is obscene or sexually explicit
- Is posted with the intention of selling a product or service
- Promotes hate towards any racial, ethnic, religious group or sexual orientation
- Uses foul and inappropriate language
- Abuses, threatens, bullies, harasses, insults or in any other way violates the rights of others
- Displays content that is violent or graphically disturbing
These guidelines will be defined more as this blog grows, with input from bloggers and the UOIT community. For the full list of guidelines click here.
Note to bloggers:
All new bloggers will be registered on the blog as a contributor. All posts made by a contributor must be approved by an administrator before the post can be published. This is to ensure that the post is consistent with the community guidelines.
After publishing a minimum of 3 blog posts, a blogger will be upgraded to author status. Authors are able to create, edit, publish and delete their own posts without the approval of an administrator. Authors also have the capability of editing comments made on their posts, however please DO NOT edit or approve comments on your posts; comments must be approved by an administrator before they are posted.