Exams are over now at UOIT and now we, the students, need to think about what we will be doing over the summer. The summer break can be exciting, but can bring a variety of stressors.
Where will you be living for the summer?
There are many options for this problem, but it can take awhile to find something that suits your needs. Talk to the people who know UOIT Off-Campus Housing
Where will I get money to pay for school next year?
The job board with UOIT Career Services has many summer job postings. Remember to also think about University Works summer positions. First you have to apply through UOIT SAFA tab on My Campus. There is also volunteer opportunities to help build your resume. A great website is Charity Village, as you can put in your postal code to find something local for volunteering. There is also OSAP to apply for during the summer for next September.
Student Mental Health Services is looking for UOIT students to be a part of a Student Mental Health Advisory Committee. The main role involves developing and reviewing mental health and wellness initiatives at the university. This would be an excellent leadership opportunity for students who are passionate about advocating for mental health. There is a time commitment of 20 hours between September 2015 and April 2016.
Please send a one-page letter of intent and email your submission to email@example.com by Thursday, April 30.
- Describe why mental health and wellness are important to you.
- List qualities you have that can help create a mentally healthy university community.
- Explain at least one idea that can contribute to students’ mental health and wellness.
Before we start this journey, we need to set some standards for everyone who posts and comments. This site is governed by UOIT and , for now, this blog will use guidelines that have been created by the Communications & Marketing department.
In order to maintain an environment that promotes collaboration, sharing of ideas, interaction and respect, the university reserves the right to screen or remove any content that:
- Is obscene or sexually explicit
- Is posted with the intention of selling a product or service
- Promotes hate towards any racial, ethnic, religious group or sexual orientation
- Uses foul and inappropriate language
- Abuses, threatens, bullies, harasses, insults or in any other way violates the rights of others
- Displays content that is violent or graphically disturbing
These guidelines will be defined more as this blog grows, with input from bloggers and the UOIT community. For the full list of guidelines click here.