Mental illness comes in all shapes and sizes, it can happen to anyone at any time in their life. Sometimes, all we need is a little support and reassurance that we are not alone and that we can do this.
Here are 15 positive affirmations to live by when you live with depression, anxiety or any other mental illness to remind you that you are a warrior.
- Self-forgiveness is essential for self-healing.
- Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what can be.
- You are enough.
- It is okay to ask for help.
- It is a disorder, not a decision. Be kind to yourself.
- Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.
- Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.
- You were given this life because you are strong enough to handle it.
- Pain is real, but so is hope.
- Always remember that the future comes one day at a time, and so does recovery.
- Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times.
- You are loved.
- You have a right to heal at your own pace – you are allowed to take your time.
- Whatever it takes. You can make it through it.
- Your circumstances don’t determine where you go, it merely determines where you begin.