When someone in my life goes through something hard, I tend to live it in my mind and think about that person, how he or she is feeling or how he or she is going to get over the situation. This behavior or personality trait affects my life negatively, it’s time consuming and depressing. Another issue with being sensitive is the tendency to argue with people who constantly criticize me or people around me.
However, there is a good side about being extra sensitive, as it allows me to support people around me and somewhat feel what they are going through. Also, when a friend or a relative is pregnant, recovered from an illness or anything good, it makes me happier and positive.
I try to train my brain to react to situations differently. Here are some ways to deal with extra sensitivity:
- Replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
- Understand that what is meant to be will be and it maybe for the best.
- Accept uncertainty and life challenges.
- Replace negative words with positive ones.
- Ignoring negative thoughts.
- Avoiding arguments.
- Remain silent when angry.
- Try to give others the benefit of the doubt.
- Stay focused on my goals.
- Stay busy.
- Ignore constant criticism and accept constructive criticism. At the end of the day, arguing will do nothing good.